Beyond just water, there are additional components in your water supply to consider. Water treatment facilities typically introduce a specific quantity of disinfectants, such as chlorine, to eliminate disease-causing bacteria. However, this does not necessarily imply that you would enjoy the taste or odor of it. Here’s how you can minimize the impact of chlorine on your water and make it more tailored to your preferences.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE TOO MUCH CHLORINE
The EPA considers chlorine levels up to 4 parts per million (ppm) safe for drinking water. At this level, negative health effects are unlikely to occur. However, there are common signs and symptoms of over-chlorinated water.
You Should Test Your Chlorine Levels If:
Your water tastes or smells like pool water
You feel ill after drinking water from the tap
You have very dry, itchy, irritated skin
Elevated levels of chlorine can have adverse effects not only on your health but also on your plumbing system, potentially leading to damage and shortening the lifespan of appliances.
Readings should reveal a light yellow color, not a dark orange as shown in the reference image >>>
REMOVING CHLORINE TASTE AND SMELL WITH FILTRATION
Results of using filtration solutions: